Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Prom Stress

This whole week I've been staying up till midnight searching for that perfect prom dress that fits my budget. Let it be known that I am paying for my own prom. Reasons are confidential. Anyways, so I saw this dress that I so desperately wanted at Bay Area Bridal but it was $300 not including alterations. Now, I know prom is suppose to be a girl's ultimate time to spend money on a dress that they will never wear again, but really...it's unrealistic to me to spend that much money on a dress I can and will only wear once. And that's only the dress. According to my mathamatical calculations, prom for a girl is approximately $400 with a cheap dress! That's hair, makeup, nails, shoes...etc. For me, I don't work, I don't slut myself (which would fall under work) so I have no money. Therefore, I tried looking for a cheap dress. But nonetheless, that dress was so gorgeous. It was gold with gems and zebra print a little. But, not in my budget, and not in my size. (Shorties, y'all know how that is.)

But today I found the perfect dress. Well, Bella did, but it's still perfect. IN my budget, in my color, and in my size. With alterations, I'd say it was about $200 and yes, you will say but that's only $100 more for your dream dress...BUT ITS $200 FOR A DRESS I'D WEAR AGAIN! It's not satiny, or silky, or velvety, or gemmy...It's just pretty. =) I love it!

I got hair appt, make up appt, limo and dinner done. I gotta email the guy from the limo though (NOTE THAT). But I'm so excited cause I'm not spending as much with my dress. I got mostly cheap shit. I think that no matter what dress you get for prom, you can make it fit prom with a good hairdo and some fly shoes. Ya just gotta pull it off perfectly. Hopefully, I will. I'm really excited for prom. Especially to see how everyone looks... Well, we'll see whatts up when the time rolls around. Now, I'm stress free. Well, except the money part. I'm selling lollypops!!!

No comments: